Announcement: Radix Article

 


I'm really pleased to announce that I have an article, which includes five poems, published in this months edition of Radix Magazine.


This edition, and the last edition of Radix have been focussing on frontline work with vulnerable and destitute people, and my article was born from reflections of my five years working in frontline homelessness care for the UK charity New Hope. The article is specifically aimed at Christian believers and aims at giving reasons why the revolutionary work of caring for the vulnerable and destitute is a very important part of Christian discipleship. Most of the five poems were written during my time in this work. The poem 'Absolution' has already appeared in the journal Heart of Flesh, and you can also see a video I made for another of the poems 'Agony' here.


New Hope is a wonderful local homeless charity based in Watford, north-west of London. It provides a variety of emergency and supported accommodation as well as outreach and drop-in services. I had the privilege of working with them from 2010 to 2015 in various support roles. Do check out their site, and consider supporting this important and beautiful work. 


For the previous edition of Radix, which was dedicated to the same issues, I had the privilege of interviewing my friend James Boultbee, who has many years experience in this sector in a variety of roles. Check out what the interview here.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 8 or 9

An Array of Vapour - Matthew Heasman's endorsement and New Hope

Reviving the blog: Catching up on publications...