Announcement: Across The Margin

I’m really pleased to announce that 3 of my poems have been published in the brilliant and very popular online journal ‘Across the Margin.’


‘Across the Margin’ publish art, poetry, fiction, essays, political pieces, and they also have a great podcast. It’s an important journal not shying away from contentious issues but adding to discussions with well thought out pieces, good humour and, above all, a love of great writing. Check out the diverse journal here.

I'm very humbled to have my poetry included alongside some outstanding and very important writers. For example, only a week before I was there featured poet, they published three heartfelt poems by Philip Shabazz whose work incredibly moving and challenging. Check them out here.

My three poems although written in different contexts are linked by how they engage with the motion of time, and invite you to intimately apprehend its uneven passage. ‘Legacy’ which was inspired by the books on my parent’s bookshelves and the stories they told me growing up, invites us to marvel at the wonder of story. ‘To My Son...’  inspired simply by looking at my little boy, enters into a specific moment to appreciate its timelessness. ‘After the Assault’ was written after a key work session with one of our guests at the night-shelter who had been badly beaten, he was a young guy who had already experienced a lot of abuse. Inspired by this, the poem defies one to imagine a future of true growth from a place of impossible brokenness. Check out my poems here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 8 or 9

Reviving the blog: Catching up on publications...

An Array of Vapour - Matthew Heasman's endorsement and New Hope