Home...?

Home is changing context,
and that takes some time.

It has to happen around you first,
then seep in through your pours
and unite your spine
with your skin
with your surroundings.

Like with new language,
listening, bumbling,
confused, improving,
trying and smoothing
into rugged fluency.

Home is changing context
and that takes some time.

Three weeks ago, my wife and I moved to Montpellier, in the South of France. It's a wonderful city but of course it takes time to adjust to new surroundings, new language, new culture. Last week I took some time to reflect, to feel that adjustment happening around me, to me and in me, and I wrote this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 8 or 9

Reviving the blog: Catching up on publications...

An Array of Vapour - Matthew Heasman's endorsement and New Hope