Illusive and Ambition

Illusive and Ambition

There are things that move in front of my eyes
That refuse to disclose
Themselves
But insist on blocking my view
And changing my perceptions

I want to reach the horizon
Peer out and look over the edge
But I could
Just lie on my back and stare at the stars
It’s just the same when you living on a sphere


The things in front of my eyes
Are hiding behind a wall
Of sight
An interactive poster picture of reality
I want to tear it down and see

I want to climb the tallest building
And shout out another’s poem
But more would hear
If I silently type, upload and publish
Its just the same when people stay inside


The things that hide behind my sight
Are closer than the things I see
Whispering
Softer than a still-leaf breeze
Speaking nothing of self-disclosure

I want to re-live every moment
When I have ever laughed
All at once
And take a year away from everything
To do nothing but laugh at myself


The things that hide behind my sight
Disguise themselves as
New surroundings
A mirage of purpose that
Always leaves me curiously dehydrated

I want to discover unknown rivers
In unexplored countries, and drink them
Until they’re dry
But I’d lose my sense of direction
With the unquenchable desire to swim


The things that hide behind my sight
Are soluble in the water of morning due
Invisible but
Changing the taste into something reminiscent of her lips
And they taste like they’re smiling

I want to look upon her before I kiss her
I want to drink and swim
I want to laugh
And write a poem worth shouting
I want to look at the stars… but I probably shouldn’t




......

2 poems put together, or 1 poem with 2 stems?

written December 2009

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 8 or 9

Reviving the blog: Catching up on publications...

An Array of Vapour - Matthew Heasman's endorsement and New Hope